WEBINAR: How can data and AI help to tackle obesity in Leicester?
Thursday 10 November 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) and Leicester City Council have been working with local communities and stakeholders to look at ways to make physical activity and a healthy diet easier across our local population.
Join us for this webinar, organised in partnership with De Montfort University and forming part of the Leicester Business Festival programme. Our expert panel will share how artificial intelligence and machine learning have supported the analysis of local health data to find “hidden trends” in the lifestyles of people across Leicester.
The project team includes experts from psychology, sport, AI and public health, alongside senior leaders from the university and Leicester City Council – who you will hear from during the event.
Plans to continue this work will provide business opportunities for local partners and providers through the need to inform, design and develop interventions that help to maximise nutrition and physical activity for the future.
This webinar will cover:
- The importance of working collaboratively to tackle the health challenges that we face as a community.
- Project outcomes and the impact so far (working closely with local providers to share the data and findings of this project).
- The future of digital health research and its role in informing public health planning.
This seminar will feature speakers from De Montfort University’s Digital Health research team and Leicester City Council. Our panel will include:
- Prof Ivan Browne, Director of Public Health, Leicester City Council
- Prof Bertha Ochieng, Professor of Integrated Health and Social Care, De Montfort University (DMU)
- Mr Simon Woolston, Research Programme Manager, De Montfort University (DMU)
Full programme and speaker profiles to follow. In the meantime, you can secure your free spot today via the link below.
This free-to-attend event is held as part of the SoLSTICE programme – a project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, click here to be re-directed to further information about the project.
Please note: whilst this event is held as part of the SoLSTICE programme, attendance is not restricted to companies in the Leicester/Leicestershire area and is open to all.